Zugspitz Hygiene PLUS
We have developed the ‘Zugspitz Hygiene PLUS’ concept to ensure you can enjoy a care-free holiday in the Zugspitz Resort, even during these Corona virus times.
As the situation is changing by the day, the concept will be continually adapted to the terms on a daily basis, without compromising our professional hygiene standards.
(Information below: updated 22.5.2020)
Our measures for your safety at the resort
- Employees provided with in-depth and up-to-date training on the latest additional hygiene measures, distancing regulations and conditions
- Contactless sanitiser dispensers at every entrance and exit in all areas
- All areas are being increasingly ventilated thanks to our modern ventilation system and manually by simply opening the windows
- The spacious design of our hotel site, both inside and out, ensures there is sufficient room for social distancing
- The temperature of all employees is taken each day at the start of their shift and their physical condition precisely questioned and logged
- All employees wear a protective mask over their mouth and nose or a Plexiglas face visor to protect themselves and others
Our employees on reception will welcome you on arrival! Juliane and her team are your initial point of contact if you have any specific requests for your holiday.
- On arrival, we will remind you again of our new Zugspitz Hygiene PLUS standards
- Increased frequency of cleaning is carried out in all public areas (reception, lobby, lifts etc.) to ensure you enjoy a safe stay
- Our employees on reception where masks covering the mouth and nose or Plexiglas visors to protect you and themselves
Hygiene is always our top priority at our hotel. Our housekeeper Christiane and her team are well-trained and guarantee you a care-free stay.
- All employees wear masks covering the mouth and nose or face visors when cleaning your room
- Rooms are thoroughly disinfected with a Hollu Vaporisator Protection Cube when guests depart
- Rooms are left vacant for a night following a departure, where possible
- Mattress protectors are changed after use by each guest
- Surplus decorative cushions and blankets have been removed from your suite
- A well-devised cleaning schedule for the rooms, adapted to the highest levels of hygiene, ensures you can enjoy a care-free stay
Child care is one of the most important areas of the hotel and Rosza and her team of carers are well-trained and ensure a hygienic environment for your little ones too!
- We will measure and log the temperature of each child as they enter the kids’ club – a quick and easy process
- Each child will also be shown how to wash their hands thoroughly when they enter and this will be demonstrated in a child-friendly way
- Depending on the age of the child, the importance of respecting the hygiene requirements will be explained again, tailored to the age of the child
- The size of our facilities allows us to maintain the required distance
- This summer, we will increasingly focus on outdoor activities
Our restaurant manager Alexandra will reserve a pleasant spot in the restaurant for breakfast and evening meal for the duration of your stay, naturally respecting the minimum required social distance from other guests.
- Contactless hand sanitiser at the entrance to the restaurant
- At the time of writing, guests are required to wear a protective mask over their nose and mouth on entering and leaving the restaurant
- All restaurant employees wear a Plexiglas face visor to protect themselves and our guests
- Our food menu and wine list can be easily loaded using a QR code on your phone
- Disinfection of tables and chairs after each use
Breakfast, afternoon snack & evening meal
As always, our buffet includes high quality products from the region. The following measures are in place to provide you with the usual wide range of items at our buffet:
- Contactless hand sanitiser on entering the buffet area
- Many products (e.g. various mueslis, fresh fruit etc.) are provided in portion-sized glasses to take to your table
- Breakfast chef in the show kitchen to freshly prepare your favourite egg dishes
- Sausage and cheese specialities can be served, ready portioned
- As usual, a wide range of fresh breads from our local bakeries
Afternoon snack / evening meal
- Your pamper package, as always, includes our soup of the day and some afternoon sweet treats.
- Soup of the day served to your table, on order
- Selection of home-made cakes served
- In the evening, a menu of your choice will be served to your table
- Bread and spreads will also be provided
Fitness, pools, wellness & SPA
- Our fitness room is open during the usual opening hours
- Fitness courses and guided walks are still available, but social distancing must be observed
- Guaranteed clean! Our hotel technicians check the water values and swimming pool technology several times a day
- Chlorinated water kills any viruses. Swimming in our pool is therefore not dangerous
- Please nevertheless maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres in the pools out of respect for the other guests
- When using any fitness equipment and the public showers in the SPA area, we request that our guests act responsibly when leaving these areas. Please ensure that the equipment is disinfected before and after each use. Disinfecting agents are provided
- In terms of the saunas and steam baths, please observe the signs outside the facilities regarding the maximum number of visitors
- Sun recliners in the swimming pool, relaxation room and garden area are positioned at the required minimum distance. Please respect this and maintain this distance
Massages and treatments
- All of the individual treatments from our SPA selection can be booked in the usual way
- All of the SPA employees are trained in maintaining the highest possible hygiene standards
- Reservations are recommended to ensure that the treatment rooms can be prepared for you in advance
What we request of you
We request that you adhere to the following measures so that all guests can enjoy a relaxing holiday at our hotel:
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1 metre from other guests, except for fellow travellers living within the same household
- Wear a protective mask over the mouth and nose at all entrances and exits and in all public areas of the hotel (reception, restaurant, SPA, lobby, lift)
- Your table for breakfast and dinner has already been reserved. We request that you reserve your table for lunchtime or afternoon with our restaurant manager so that social distancing can be ensured
- Please avoid any crowding during check-in and check-out and maintain the appropriate distance from other guests
- Do not shake hands or hug at all
- Wash your hands several times a day with soap and water for min. 30 seconds and avoid touching your face
- Use the sanitisers provided at all entrance and exit points
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow or a tissue
- Follow the instructions given by our employees
- Do not travel if you develop any signs of illness!
- If you develop symptoms during your stay, please contact your hosts and report to reception immediately.
Together we will ensure that you enjoy a pleasant, adventure-packed, relaxing and restful stay at the Zugspitz Resort.
Best wishes from your hosts
Philipp Brückner, Johannes Ramstöck & the entire Zugspitz Resort team