Zugspitz Hygiene PLUS
Our team is professionally trained in our prevention and hygiene concept. We have appointed a COVID-19 officer and we constantly update our policies and procedures:
The 10 most important points to keep in mind when travelling to our hotel (subject to official and hotel-specific information):
- No quarantine on entry to Austria - detailed information can be found here: www.willkommen.tirol - please note the return travel requirements for your respective country of origin.
- No quarantine on return to Germany - as of 13.05, Germany has suspended the quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated, recovered or tested persons.
- Tests upon arrival: Tested - Vaccinated - Recovered Upon arrival (as part of the standard check-in procedure), guests are required to produce a negative, valid test certificate (no older than 48 hours), a vaccination certificate or an official confirmation stating that they have recovered from Covid-19. Periods of validity: self-test with digital solution: 24 hours; antigen test: 48 hours; PCR test: hours. Persons recovered from Covid: until 6 months after the disease. Vaccinated persons: day 22 from the first dose up to 1 year. Guidelines apply to persons aged 10 and above.
- The following are valid as proof on arrival: All ways online or printed: e-mail, SMS, vaccination certificate, printed information - we inform as soon as possible about the "Green Passport!
- Our guests are provided with free rapid tests in the house. We will inform you about how the tests work.
- FFP2 masks: must be worn by all guests in all communal areas (in the lobby, on the way to your table, at the buffet, on the terrace and in all other communal areas of the resort) Children between the ages of 6 and 14 only need a close-fitting MNP. Children up to the age of 6 or persons who cannot be expected to wear it for health reasons are excluded.
- Dining areas: Indoor and outdoor dining areas are open: max. 4 adults + children (minors) per table. Food and drink may only be consumed while seated. Indoor areas: up to 10 people.
- Closing time: 10pm
- Distance between groups: A distance of 2 meters must be kept between tables.
- Self-service areas and buffets: Both are open. We make sure that all official requirements are complied with.
- Limited visitor numbers for: pools, saunas, fitness lounges (though all these areas will be open)
- Staff are required to wear face coverings, must get tested weekly and/or wear FFP2 masks
Our measures for your safety at the resort
- Employees provided with in-depth and up-to-date training on the latest additional hygiene measures, distancing regulations and conditions
- Contactless sanitiser dispensers at every entrance and exit in all areas
- All areas are being increasingly ventilated thanks to our modern ventilation system and manually by simply opening the windows
- The spacious design of our hotel site, both inside and out, ensures there is sufficient room for social distancing
- The temperature of all employees is taken each day at the start of their shift and their physical condition precisely questioned and logged
- All employees wear a protective mask over their mouth and nose or a Plexiglas face visor to protect themselves and others
- Biweekly screening of all employees at the Zugspitz Resort
Our employees on reception will welcome you on arrival! Juliane and her team are your initial point of contact if you have any specific requests for your holiday.
- On arrival, we will remind you again of our new Zugspitz Hygiene PLUS standards
- Increased frequency of cleaning is carried out in all public areas (reception, lobby, lifts etc.) to ensure you enjoy a safe stay
- Our employees on reception where masks covering the mouth and nose or Plexiglas visors to protect you and themselves
Hygiene is always our top priority at our hotel. Our housekeeper Christiane and her team are well-trained and guarantee you a care-free stay.
- All employees wear masks covering the mouth and nose or face visors when cleaning your room
- Rooms are thoroughly disinfected with a Hollu Vaporisator Protection Cube when guests depart
- Rooms are left vacant for a night following a departure, where possible
- Mattress protectors are changed after use by each guest
- Surplus decorative cushions and blankets have been removed from your suite
- A well-devised cleaning schedule for the rooms, adapted to the highest levels of hygiene, ensures you can enjoy a care-free stay
Child care is one of the most important areas of the hotel and Rosza and her team of carers are well-trained and ensure a hygienic environment for your little ones too!
- We will measure and log the temperature of each child as they enter the kids’ club – a quick and easy process
- Each child will also be shown how to wash their hands thoroughly when they enter and this will be demonstrated in a child-friendly way
- Depending on the age of the child, the importance of respecting the hygiene requirements will be explained again, tailored to the age of the child
- The size of our facilities allows us to maintain the required distance
Our restaurant manager Alexandra will reserve a pleasant spot in the restaurant for breakfast and evening meal for the duration of your stay, naturally respecting the minimum required social distance from other guests.
- Contactless hand sanitiser at the entrance to the restaurant
- All restaurant employees wear a Plexiglas face visor to protect themselves and our guests
- Our food menu and wine list can be easily loaded using a QR code on your phone
- Disinfection of tables and chairs after each use
Breakfast, afternoon snack & evening meal
As always, our buffet includes high quality products from the region. The following measures are in place to provide you with the usual wide range of items at our buffet:
- Contactless hand sanitiser on entering the buffet area
- Breakfast chef in the show kitchen to freshly prepare your favourite egg dishes
- As usual, a wide range of fresh breads from our local bakeries
Afternoon snack / evening meal
- Your pamper package, as always, includes our soup of the day and some afternoon sweet treats.
Fitness, pools, wellness & SPA
- Our fitness room is open during the usual opening hours
- Fitness courses and guided walks are still available, but social distancing must be observed
- Guaranteed clean! Our hotel technicians check the water values and swimming pool technology several times a day
- Chlorinated water kills any viruses. Swimming in our pool is therefore not dangerous
- Please nevertheless maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres in the pools out of respect for the other guests
- When using any fitness equipment and the public showers in the SPA area, we request that our guests act responsibly when leaving these areas. Please ensure that the equipment is disinfected before and after each use. Disinfecting agents are provided
- In terms of the saunas and steam baths, please observe the signs outside the facilities regarding the maximum number of visitors
- Sun recliners in the swimming pool, relaxation room and garden area are positioned at the required minimum distance. Please respect this and maintain this distance
Massages and treatments
- All of the individual treatments from our SPA selection can be booked in the usual way
- All of the SPA employees are trained in maintaining the highest possible hygiene standards
- Reservations are recommended to ensure that the treatment rooms can be prepared for you in advance
What we request of you
We request that you adhere to the following measures so that all guests can enjoy a relaxing holiday at our hotel:
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1 metre from other guests, except for fellow travellers living within the same household
- Please wear the mask covering the mouth and nose at the buffet and avoid any crowding
- Your table for breakfast and dinner has already been reserved. We request that you reserve your table for lunchtime or afternoon with our restaurant manager so that social distancing can be ensured
- Please avoid any crowding during check-in and check-out and maintain the appropriate distance from other guests
- Do not shake hands or hug at all
- Wash your hands several times a day with soap and water for min. 30 seconds and avoid touching your face
- Use the sanitisers provided at all entrance and exit points
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow or a tissue
- Follow the instructions given by our employees
- Do not travel if you develop any signs of illness!
- If you develop symptoms during your stay, please contact your hosts and report to reception immediately.
Together we will ensure that you enjoy a pleasant, adventure-packed, relaxing and restful stay at the Zugspitz Resort.
Best wishes from your hosts
Philipp Brückner, Johannes Ramstöck & the entire Zugspitz Resort team