Camping with dog Tyrol
Camping with your four-legged friend
Of course, your loyal friend can't be missing on holiday. Whether in summer or winter - discover the natural surroundings of the Tyrolean Zugspitz Arena together with your furry friend and gather unforgettable holiday experiences in and around the Zugspitz Resort.
Our holiday tips for your camping holiday with dog:
- Ehrwalder Moos: Ideal for a long walk and perfect for letting your four-legged friend run around.
- Forest walks around the resort
- Hikes in our mountain region
- Ski tours in winter in the company of your faithful friend
- Golf round on the 9-hole course at the Golfclub Tiroler Zugspitze in summer - dogs are allowed on the course
Dog friendly campsite
To make sure that your four-legged friends have everything they need during their much-deserved break, there is a separate dog grooming room available on the first basement level of our main building. Please note that dogs must be kept on a leash throughout the entire resort.
Further details for your stay with your dog:
- You can get dog food in the nearby supermarkets in Ehrwald, Lermoos or Bichlbach.
- You will find a specialist shop for pet supplies and pet food in Reutte (approx. 20 minutes by car) or Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Germany - approx. 20 minutes by car) .
- A veterinary practice is located in Reutte (approx. 20 minutes by car) or in Garmisch-Partenkirchen (Germany - approx. 20 minutes by car).
- Please note that dogs must be kept on a lead in the entire resort.
- You are allowed to take your loyal friend on the Zugspitzbahn and some cable cars. You will gladly receive further information on site at the reception.
- Dogs are not allowed in the wellness area and the restaurant area.
FAQ for your holiday with dog in Austria
No, the camping area is not fenced.
Yes, the surcharge per dog/day is € 7,00 (without food)
A veterinary document, namely the pet passport, must be carried when bringing dogs within the EU.
A valid rabies vaccination must be entered in the pet passport for animals over three months old.
You can find more information HERE
Leashes are compulsory on the entire grounds of the Zugspitz Resort.
Yes, dogs are allowed on the cable cars in the region. It is recommended by all cable cars to carry the muzzle.
- Tiroler Zugspitzbahn (ticket for dogs available at the lift ticket office).
- Ehrwalder Almbahnen (free of charge)
- Bergbahnen Langes Lermoos - Biberwier (ticket for dogs available at the lift ticket office)
- Bergbahnen Berwang (free of charge)
- Heiterwanger See (compulsory leash)
- Plansee (compulsory leashing)
- Blindsee (compulsory leashing)
- Mittersee (compulsory leashing)
- Urisee natural bathing lake (only permitted outside the bathing area)