The Zugspitz Resort: a holiday paradise for all ages
The resort hotel next to the Tiroler Zugspitzbahn cable car
The Zugspitz Resort does not only excel due to the combination of holiday apartments, campsite and the benefits of a 4-star hotel, as the infrastructure and range on offer in and around the resort are unique too. For example, besides a restaurant, children's park and the Active & Vitality World wellness complex, you can also find a 9-hole golf course as well as the two cable cars up to the surrounding mountain peaks. A unique offer that is in a class of its own!
Perfect for a family holiday with all the frills
As a FAMILY RESORT we also know what families need and make your holiday a dream for the whole family: spacious family suites, a baby set, DIDI'S kids' playground and club with supervision for children aged 3 or older, children's ski lessons and ski kindergarten, indoor pool and heated outdoor pool make children and parents happy. Our spacious garden with play area, water park and go-cart track is a real hit with children.
Choose what you fancy from the generous range of cosy and comfortably furnished rooms and suites on offer and enjoy our wonderful, snug ambience in Tyrolean country house style.
The history of the Zugspitz Resort:
- 1970's: construction of the apartment building and campsite
- 1990/91: construction of the swimming pool, restaurant, dining room and reception
- 1999: conversion and modernisation of the Alpenhotel Zugspitzblick and apartment building
- 2008: the Tiroler Zugspitze holiday resort becomes the Active & Family Resort Tiroler Zugspitze
- 2010: new vitality world with Zugspitze log cabin sauna, bio sauna, Roman steam bath, brine grotto, infra-red cabin, Kneipp pool, chill-out room, fresh air room. Six new suites in elegant Tyrolean country house style are also built.
- 2011: opening of the new pool house and 30 new Comfort De Luxe pitches for camping guests: extra large pitch, best location right next to the new pool house, direct water, waste water, mains connections, WiFi and satellite connection.
- 2017: Construction of 20 additional deluxe Comfort pitches for camping guests
- 2017: The 'Active & Family Resort Tiroler Zugspitze' becomes the Zugspitz Resort
- 2018: Creation of 20 additional private bathrooms in the main resort building for camping guests
- December 2018: Opening of the new children's water realm with double competition slide, adventure pool and infants area
The history of our Zugspitz Resort is closely linked to the history of the Tiroler Zugspitzbahn cable car.
Lots has changed over all the years but one thing has always remained the same: the well-being of our guests is our top priority at all times. We can only provide comfort, quality and extensive hotel services if we take on new challenges time and time again.
We look forward to you visiting us in Ehrwald in Tyrol! We will be happy to send you a personal holiday offer – send us a non-binding enquiry and we will take care of everything else.
Your director & host and the entire team at the Zugspitz Resort